Choosing the right personal trainer to work with can feel intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are five things you should look for when choosing a personal trainer that’s right for you.
- Communication – that means listening / receiving. will they be able to keep you accountable the way you’re needing to be made accountable. can they pump you up the way you need to be pumped up?
- Compassion – do they lack empathy? are they understanding? are they going to guilt trip you and make you feel like trash?
- Vibe check – not every personal trainer will be right for your needs and that’s okay. do they match the vibe check? How do you feel after speaking with them? Do you feel drained / negative or do you feel uplifted and motivated?
- Certifications – while certifications don’t make a person a good or bad trainer, it does show their commitment to education and continuous learning.
- Programs – do they offer the type of program you’re looking for? If they focus primarily on olympic weightlifters, they might have a different mentality and structure than someone focused on moving from sedentary to moderate activity.
Are you ready to take back control of your health? Let’s get in touch!